Portions of several Crossett streets and Ashley County roads are set for resurfacing in the coming weeks, according to the Arkansas State Highway Commission.
ASHC spokesman Jeff Whatley said in a statement Tuesday that a total of 1.2 miles of roadway in the city will be resurfaced, with Jet Asphalt & Rock Co., Inc. of El Dorado awarded the contract for the work at a cost of $242,283.08.
Whatley said in the statement that the streets slated to receive the work include:
- Third Avenue, from Elm Street to Cedar Street;
- Sixth Avenue, from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to Main Street;
- Louisiana Street, from S. Adams Street to S. Texas Street;
- Elm Street, from S. Main to Waterwell Road;
- Cedar Street, from S. Main to Waterwell Road; and